Friday, July 24, 2009

Let's Do The Time Warp Again: Top 10 Games At The Big 3 US Carriers


I was beginning to feel that the mobile industry's (as well as my own) obsession with the iPhone was getting positively unhealthy...so I decided to take a look at what was going with mobile games in the US carrier "app stores." Wow, so much has changed in the last year...not! The following list is based upon the Most Popular or Top Selling titles on the respective carrier websites. Unfortunately T-Mo USA requires a log-in to see this data...so they won't be included for the moment (a little help please). While putting this together I must admit that I had a bit of a chuckle, at Verizon Wireless's expense, when I noticed they still attribute all their EA Mobile titles to Jamdat....which EA bought way back in late 2005 (and which ceased to exist as a brand shortly thereafter). But as you can see, this anachronism almost seems appropriate...

No comments:

Post a Comment