Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wassup With MOBShop? Keepin' It Stealthy, That's What


It's been more that a few months since I last wrote about MOBShop, so I thought I'd hunt around to see if there's any more information. Well I must say, Cyriac Roeding, Jeff Sellinger and crew are doing a commendable job of keeping it stealthy. But here are a couple of tidbits:
  • I'm beginning to doubt that the company will actually be called MOBShop. The name Mobshop, the .com URL and a Twitter account are owned and maintained by a French company that facilitates the creation of e-commerce stores. Also, MobShop was the name of a dotcom-bust era consumer group-buying network site backed by Marc Andreeson, that closed its D2C business in 2001
  • The company has recently hired software engineers with experience in streaming video and search, and it's still actively hiring techies. From the job descriptions it's becoming even more clear that location/context are very important to this venture. I would go as far to say that it probably involves the red-hot buzz term "augmented reality" (like Layar)

No comments:

Post a Comment